Portfolio of Services
We work with Executives, Business Owners, Family Businesses and Professionals.
Our service offerings include:
- Psychotherapy- A private and personal conversation for those wanting at this particular time in their life course to do more work to move themselves along
- Executive Coaching – In a 6-12 month engagement, executives participate in the art of reflection with a trustworthy guide who builds and synthesizes a coherent, systematic framework for carrying out their responsibilities
- Assessment for Selection and Development - Psychological interview and testing to best understand the individual's appropriateness of fit for a specific position or career development
- Consulting- The use of psychological knowledge to set up people and the organization for success
- Services are provided at this time over secure videoconference or at the Portara Consulting practice in Buckhead
As appropriate and based on participant preference, services are provided within the executive’s business environment or at the Portara Consulting practice.
List of QuestionsThe Dynamics of Power and Competition
Team behavior can be negatively affected when power and competition activate individuals’ underlying traits and tendencies. Karen Foster has a deep understanding of this challenge, and knows from experience that it can be alleviated when people have a greater awareness of how self-interested behaviors are affecting interpersonal relationships, individual careers, and organizational success. Karen helps executives gain this wisdom by guiding them through reflective explorations of matters involving power, control, and competition.
- Is there covert competition among some team members?
- Is it overt?
- Are you doing overt or covert action in order to get what you need?
- Is there conflict between some of the team members?
- What different styles of competing are present?
- What have been the outcomes of these dynamics?
These are not one-time explorations. As changes and challenges surface, Dr. Foster revisits the points to support ongoing performance improvements. The same process is repeated, as needed, to address other critical topics concerning leadership interactions.